WiFi & Printing
All WPL locations provide FREE WiFi, wireless printing, internet hotspots and photocopiers.
WiFi (Wireless Internet Access)
To log on to the network with your wireless device, just follow these easy steps:
- Turn on your wireless device
- Enable your wireless adaptor
- Select SSID/network “WPLMAIN” or “WPLMCC”
- Start your browser
- Accept the Waterloo Public Library Acceptable Use Policy
Once you accept the conditions for accessing the Internet at WPL, you will be taken to our homepage.
To view our Internet & Computer Use policy, click here.
Printing & PHOTOCOPying
Photocopiers and printing are available at all WPL locations. Cash only.
Black and White Printing - $0.15 each
Colour Printing - $0.50 each
Vaccine & Government Documents
It is FREE to print vaccination records and any government issued documents. Please see staff at your location for assistance.
borrow the internet
Hotspots are great for connecting to the internet anywhere you need it.
- Borrow a hotspot for 2 weeks at a time; 1 hotspot per library membership
- Borrowers must be 18 years of age or older
- Holds are allowed
- Renewals are not available
- Pickup and return hotspots at any WPL location
- Return the hotspots directly to staff
If you have questions about the Hotspots, ask staff or phone 519-886-1310.
You can easily connect to our printing system from your laptop computer and print to the Library’s printers.
- Verify your machine is up-to-date and that Java is installed & up-to-date
- Each print job will expire at the end of the day that it is submitted
- You will be required to create a User ID to identify your job. This ID allows you to access your job at the Print Release Station.
NOTE: Linux and Mobile Devices are not supported at this time.